13 December 2008

Week 37: Swiss Chard

The last few weeks are finally here, only 3 more to go. Last week we started going to the hospital, which we will do every 3-4 days to monitor the baby's heart rate. They place a heart monitor on your belly and track heart rate and contractions for 30 minutes. This also means that we have finally visited the hospital where I will be delivering: Good Samaritan in Phoenix. It's a great hospital with a direct connection to Children's Hospital, but it's about 40 minutes from home.

We're also hoping for a somewhat early delivery as the baby is now at full term. As of last week, I was 70% effaced, 1cm dilated with the baby at station 0, which means she is even with the opening of my pelvis. Yikes! I feel fine though, still going to work and finishing up Christmas shopping. In fact, about a week and a half ago I was all set to fly out to Denver for one last job designing courses for an online environment, but on the day of the trip I went to the doctor's and was asked not to go. Guess I better get used to slowing down a bit....

My last day at the office is next Friday and my parents will be joining us shortly thereafter. Bill's parents will be coming in late January with his sister to join us for the baptism, which hopefully will take place at St. Thomas, the same church where we were married. My aunt from Argentina will also be here in late January so we're looking forward to lots of family time.

About a month ago, we had a baby shower. I haven't actually been to too many of these, but it was a great time. Several friends came up from the U of A and lots of new friends from Maricopa joined in as well to decorate onesies (I swear I have no less than 50 onesies), play baby bingo and eat yummy food.

Bill is wrapping up another term at ASU on 12-17 and we're both excited to have some time to relax. Everything is ready, all we have to do now is wait....

No comments: