29 October 2008

EDUCAUSE 2008

We're at EDUCAUSE 2008 in Orlando, FL! I'm here with several colleagues from Maricopa Colleges. This year, Patricia McGee, PhD and I presented a 3.5 hour preconference session titled Finding the Good Fit: Faculty Members, Instruction, Evidence, and Technology. We usually get to do one of these each year and while they're a lot of work, they're a great opportunity to share work and ideas.

I also had the chance to serve on a panel, The Top 10 Teaching and Learning Challenges of 2009, a collaborative community project where we received input from the over 10,000 Educause members from all over the world on what higher education is struggling with in the area of teaching, learning and technology.

What I love most about Educause is the energy and opportunties that are present and the way that this field is constantly changing. Next year, it's in Denver, Colorado and we're already planning what we might do there.

No comments: