I spent the first four days in downtown at the Sheraton (where Educause was this year) catching up with friends and learning about the latest and greatest in information technology/higher education. In between work, we went out in downtown to discover amazing foods, wines, shops, and socialized kitty cats.
I was going to post a family picture, but this kitter is just too cute in his little orange raincoat. He was super socialized, didn't bat an eyelash as everyone within 10 feet stopped by to say hello. Spunkyland is where he and his buds are waiting until they get adopted. Cuuuute.
Don't worry family/friends, you're next.
I was so completely seduced by the sunshine, fine wines, and amazing shopping that I started fantasizing about about moving to Seattle!! Over dinner with Bill, I commented, "wouldn't it be fun to have a little loft downtown?" He didn't seem to think I could handle the brisky temps and misty weather. I also noted, much to my dismay, that as we went in and out of shops downtown, folks would consistently ask if it was still sunny outside? Huh?? As if it's some sort of rare occurrence.
Anyway, Seattle is lovely, even if the sun coming out in October is a rare and unusual occurrence. Of course, now we're back to the sun where it is a balmy 85 degrees and dry as a bone....


2 comments:
Glad we pulled out a week of great weather while you were here. The cat with a raincoat was probably a clue it isn't always that nice in October. It was great seeing you both!
Fall is my favorite time of year in Seattle ... very seductive. -Holly
Post a Comment