Wow, we kind of dropped off the face of the earth there for a while. It's been a super busy summer.The main reason I haven't posted in a while is that on July 4th we lost our most beloved family member, Mowgli. It's been almost two months, and I still find it excruciating to think about. Mowgli was my very first pet and very best companion for 14 years and I would have done absolutely anything I could to save him. When he was 12, he was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure and for two years, Bill and I gave him medication and subcutaneous fluids several times a week at home. The last of his kidney tissue finally failed and there was nothing we could do to save him. I miss him so, so much. I know that probably everyone says this, but he was a very special animal and I felt that we were both very connected to eachother. While I was at home, he was with me constantly, he lived in two states, flew on a plane, and endured 12 moves with me. I cannot imagine ever finding another cat like him. As I've gotten older, I've learned to cherish life's firsts, he will always be my first (and only) Mowgli.


1 comment:
Oh Veronica, we so know how you feel! It's terrible!! It's actually a question I have for God. Why so short the life span of these treasured fur people? So hard. We had cats for 16 years, 2 of them, and now it's life without cats, and so strange...I don't think we'll ever get another. Sam and Dezi were our cats. They were it. We are now in the next chapter. I'm so sorry for this though. I cried for a year when our 13 yr old Orange Sam died for the same reason as Mowgli. I held him all night and into the next day until he died in my lap. Bless your heart. I know. I know. With Dezi it was more peaceful, it just seemed like her time and it was different. Wish I could hug you.
Post a Comment