My colleague, Patricia McGee, PhD a professor at the University of Texas, and I are in New York City and I am on week 10 with only 2 weeks to go of the first trimester. Last night, it took us two hours to get from LGA to Harlem where we are staying in an old Brownstone converted into a B&B just on the other side of Central Park. Harlem is not the Harlem of the 70s, it's been completely remodeled with new buildings replacing what once was old public housing.
On the way to our B&B, I had an interesting conversation with our shuttle driver who was from Puerto Rico. He took one look at my name and began speaking to me in Spanish. He recognized my accent, which I thought was very similar to his. Turns out he has been in the states for 30 years and lives in Queens, where we first lived when we came to NY from Argentina.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment